- Taking on a caring role can mean facing a life of poverty, isolation, frustration, ill health and depression
- Many carers give up an income, future employment prospects and pension rights to become a carer
- Many carers also work outside the home and are trying to juggle jobs with their responsibilities as carers.
- The majority of carers struggle alone and do not know that help is available to them
- Carers say that access to information; financial support and breaks in caring are vital in helping them manage the impact of caring on their lives
If you'd like to know more about any of the issues concerned, please contact our Press Team